The Wise Man's Grandson Volume 1 Intrulde

Ren

 Intrulde: Give a stimulus to a dull child 


"I'm home, Grandpa, Grandma."


"Welcome back, Shin."


"Welcome back, has it already gotten that late?"


Shin had finished his classes at the Magic Academy and returned home.


"Excuse us, Sage-sama, Master-sama."


"Ah, welcome back."


Shin had brought with him his bodyguard, Sicily, and her childhood friend, Maria.


Since Shin started escorting Sicily, he had begun stopping by his house after school and then taking her home to her house afterward. Although there was still some tension between them, for Merlin and Merida, the two girls had become welcome guests—Shin’s first friends of the same age, and cute girls to boot.


They didn’t immediately take Sicily and Maria back to their home after arriving. With Merlin and Merida, figures admired by the people of Arlsheid—and even people across the world—being there, neither of them felt comfortable making such a request, even if they were still a bit nervous.


"Hehe."


"What's wrong, Sicily?"


"Well, I was just reminded of my father. He says he’s envious of me for meeting Merlin-sama and Merida-sama every day."


"Is that so? To me, they're just grandpa and grandma..."


"Well, of course, they’re family to you, Shin."


"Yeah, I guess you’re right."


Shin and Sicily were having a lighthearted conversation when Merida, who had just returned from the restroom, called out to Maria.


"Hey, Maria, come here for a sec."


"Yes? What is it, Master?"


"Stop calling me 'Master.' Just call me Merida. Anyway, I have something I want to ask you."


"What’s that? Oh, by the way, the restroom here is amazing! Ever since I’ve used it, my own home's restroom feels lacking..."


"I completely agree with that, but that’s not what I meant."


"Then what do you mean?"


Maria tilted her head, and Merida moved closer, whispering in her ear.


"How are those two doing... especially Sicily?"


"Them? Oh, I see what you're asking. They’re being all lovey-dovey, without caring who’s watching."


"I see! So they’re already a couple?"


"Well... it’s not exactly like that."


"...What do you mean by that?"


Merida, not understanding how they could be acting so affectionate yet not be together, pressed Maria further.


"How should I explain it... It’s clear they both have feelings for each other. But Shin thinks Sicily is just being kind, and Sicily hasn’t even realized that what she’s feeling is love."


"Is that so?"


"Well, you see, Sicily has always been popular with boys, given her looks and personality. She’s had countless confessions over the years... but she’s never accepted any of them. She doesn’t really understand those feelings."


"So that means...?"


"She’s probably experiencing her first crush."


"Wow, that’s a pretty late first love..."


"I think so too. But since she’s come this far without understanding love, I think she’s just not aware of her own feelings."


"I see."


"If Shin confessed to her, things would probably be different, though."


"Honestly, he causes such big problems all the time, but when it matters most, he’s such a coward!"


“Ekkishi!”


"Are you okay, Shin-kun?"


While they heard Shin sneeze, Merida suddenly had a thought.


"Forget about cowardly Shin for now. We need to make Sicily realize her feelings first."


"Right..."


"Maria, listen up for a second."


Merida and Maria leaned in, beginning to hatch a plan.



---


"Sicily, let’s head home soon."


"Oh, Maria, what were you talking about with Merida-sama?"


"Oh, it’s nothing important. I was just learning some magic tips from Merida-sama since Shin’s magic isn’t much help."


"Really? In that case..."


"Anyway, let’s head home now."


"U-Understood. Shin-kun, could you please take us?"


"Yeah, sure. Let’s go."


Shin said this and opened a gate to Sicily’s house, and the three of them stepped through it.


"I... feel so unconfident now..."


Merlin muttered, left behind as he hadn’t been asked about any magic tips.



---


"Well then, Sicily, Maria, see you tomorrow."


"Yes, see you tomorrow."


"Oh, Shin, can I talk to you for a moment?"


After seeing Sicily and Maria off, Shin was about to head home when Maria stopped him.


"Hm? What’s up?"


"Well... after school tomorrow, could you hang out with me for a bit?"


"...Huh?"


"Hang out? What for?"


"I want you to come shopping with me. It’s still dangerous to take Sicily along."


"Th-That’s not true, Maria! I’ll go with you too!"


"Merida-sama also said it’s better if you wait at Shin’s house, so just wait there."


"Th-That’s...!"


Shin went shopping with Maria. It may seem like a trivial matter, but Sicily had a deeply downcast expression.


"Well then, Shin, I’ll see you tomorrow."


"Ah, yeah... got it."


Shin noticed that Sicily seemed suddenly upset, but he didn’t understand the reason behind it, and since Maria wasn’t concerned, he left without addressing it.


"Sicily, I’m heading home now."


"...Yeah."


Maria felt bad for leaving Sicily in such a state, but she deliberately ignored it and left.



---


The next day, Sicily tried to put on a facade of normalcy, but her occasional downcast expression puzzled everyone. They wondered what could have happened.


After school, as they made their way to Shin’s house, a strange atmosphere lingered.


"Are you okay, Sicily?"


"Yes... I’m fine. Please be careful."


"Yeah... Grandma?"


"What is it?"


"Please take care of Sicily."


"Leave it to me."


Concerned about Sicily’s lack of energy, Shin asked Merida to keep an eye on her, and then he left with Maria.



---


"Why do you look so gloomy?"


"Eh... Ah, I’m sorry..."


"Tch... If you’re really bothered by Shin going out with Maria, you should have just said so."


"Eh! It’s not like that..."


"You think I don’t know? You’ve got that face that says you can’t stand Shin being with another girl."


"Th-That’s not..."


Tears began to well up in Sicily’s eyes.


"Why are you crying?"


"B-Because... Maria’s been my friend since we were born... I didn’t want her to go shopping with Shin-kun... I wanted to go with him... I didn’t even realize I was thinking such things..."


"Ah, well, that’s just how it is. That’s possessiveness for you."


"Possessiveness..."


"Especially when it comes to the opposite sex. You feel that way about someone you like."


"Like...?"


"Sicily, imagine this—what if Maria ended up getting closer to Shin and they started dating... Wait, wait! Are you okay?!"


Merida was shocked as Sicily suddenly began crying heavily.


"Thinking about Shin-kun going out with Maria... or being close to another girl..."


"...That just means you don’t want to lose Shin to anyone else."


"...Yeah, I don’t want to lose him..."


"That’s all you need to understand. So, how do you feel now? Do you understand your feelings?"


"Yes... I... I like Shin-kun..."


As soon as she said it, Sicily’s face turned bright red, and Merida smiled.


"I see. Then you’ll need to make sure no other girl gets him."


"But... what if Shin-kun doesn’t like me back?"


"Yeah..."


Merida knew that Shin had feelings for Sicily, so she began to think about what to do next.


"That boy grew up in the mountains and isn’t used to girls, so I think you should be more proactive with physical contact."


"Physical contact...?"


"Try doing it like I would with Shin. Grab his arm like this... No, no, press your chest against him too."


"C-Chest...?!"


"You have to do it like that, or that clueless boy won’t even notice."


"Yes!"




"Also... when you're worried about Shin, pretending to check his body and touching him here and there might be a good idea."


"T-Touching...?!"


"Like asking, 'Are you hurt? Are you okay?' while patting him down like this..."


"Eek!"


"Don't make weird noises! And then, you look up at him and say this..."


"H-How do I say it?"


"Don't make me worry... Come on, try it!"


"Y-Yes!"


Suddenly, Merida began her training, and Merlin watched from a distance.


"Girls are scary..."



---


"Welcome back."


"Welcome home."


A little while after Merida and Sicily's conversation ended, Shin and Maria returned.


"Well, it’s getting late, so I’ll walk you both home. Are you okay, Sicily?"


"Yes, I’m fine now. I’m sorry for worrying you."


Shin, who had been concerned about Sicily’s lack of energy before they left, noticed that Sicily seemed much better, and she replied, a little flushed.


"Really? Well, that’s good."


Shin felt relieved that he had left her in Merida's care, and he walked the two of them home.


"Well then, see you tomorrow."


"Yeah, see you tomorrow."


"Thanks for today. See you tomorrow."


After Shin left, Sicily turned to Maria.


"Hey, Maria."


"What?"


"Maria, do you... like Shin-kun?"


"...Why do you ask?"


Sicily, as if making up her mind, suddenly shouted.


"I... I like him more! I won’t let you have Shin-kun!"


Her face turned as red as could be, and she declared this fiercely, breathing heavily as she faced Maria.


Seeing Sicily like that, Maria let out a sigh and muttered.


"Hah... Finally realized, huh, this slowpoke."


"Eh?"


"Don’t worry about today. This was all part of Merida-sama's plan."


"Eh? Eh?"


"Since you hadn’t realized your own feelings, Merida-sama decided to stir up some jealousy to help you out. So... sorry about that."


"Eh? Ah! You guys are all the same!"


"Ahaha! Sorry, sorry!"


"Wait for me! Maria!"


Now that she understood her feelings, Sicily pretended to be angry, but a smile couldn’t help but spread across her face.



---


"By the way, you were completely useless, weren't you?"


"...I don’t understand girls' feelings..."


"Grandpa?"


"What do you mean 'I don’t understand'? That’s creepy."


The wise man, sitting on the living room sofa with his knees pulled up, was being watched by his grandson with a puzzled expression.


——.


Previous Chapter None
Next Chapter None

Comments

Post a Comment