The Spirit Master Who is Thought to be Hiding His True Ability is Actually Always Fighting Seriously Volume 2 Prologue

Ren

 

Prologue



"Yutrea Academy is the sole institution for cultivating Spirit Masters in the Romus Kingdom," the man said. "Boasting over a century of history, it houses everything from royal and noble prodigies to priceless historical texts and spirit records within its grounds. Naturally, its defensive capabilities reflect that value."

In a dimly lit room, a man wearing a white mask relayed this information regarding Yutrea Academy. His audience was Haunted, who sat straddling a chair backward, listening intently.

"The most troublesome obstacle is the barrier enveloping the academy," the masked man continued. "It's generated by a spirit contracted to the land itself, passed down through generations of headmasters. Not only is it incredibly robust, but it immediately pinpoints any unauthorized intruder who isn't affiliated with the academy."

"Hmm..."

Haunted offered a wry smile at the explanation. It was nothing new, but he was always getting saddled with these troublesome missions.

"Well, whatever. But with such airtight security, are we really going to be able to accomplish our objective?"

"Naturally, I've already made preparations," the masked man assured him. "Just as we discussed, all you need to do is break in and cause a massive scene."

"Understood," Haunted replied. "Hear that, Vlad? He says you can go wild."

Haunted glanced down at his feet. Clinging to his leg was a young girl with honey-blonde hair in a crimson dress, looking as though she hadn't even hit her teens yet.

"..."

The girl addressed as Vlad offered no reaction to his words. Instead, her unblinking gaze remained fixed on the masked man.

"Anyway, I get the deal with the barrier. Are there any other things I should watch out for?" Haunted asked.

"Let's see..." The masked man handed over a stack of papers. "I've highlighted the remaining details in these files. Make sure you read them."

"...There are a lot more students than I expected," Haunted noted.

He skimmed through the provided documents. Down at his feet, Vlad apparently took an interest in the papers as well. She hopped up and down, trying to catch a glimpse, but her lack of height kept them entirely out of view.

"Oh, this guy is..."

Completely ignoring Vlad's continuous hopping, Haunted flipped through the pages until a certain name caught his eye. His face immediately lit up with delight.

"Roak Areas..."

"I won't tell you not to mess with him, but do try to show some restraint," the masked man warned.

"I know, I know."

Seeing her master's amused expression, Vlad began hopping even more frantically, desperate to uncover the secrets hidden in the papers.


ToC

Previous Chapter None
Next Chapter None

Comments

Post a Comment