The Villainous Aristocrat Dominates with Humility and Honesty ~Using Original Knowledge and the Unique Magic to Avoid the Ruin End~ Volume 2 Chapter 7
Chapter 7: The Heisenberg Family's Dark Business
May 27th, Holy Calendar Year 1016.
Starting today, the Magic Banquet Festival will be held at Redrick Magic Academy for the next five days.
This is a major school event at Redrick—a fierce tournament to determine the strongest first-year student.
It's held after school at 16:00 in the underground training grounds, taking the form of a one-on-one tournament.
This Magic Banquet Festival is the first major climax of Chapter 2.
However... since there's really no benefit in it for me, I've decided to completely skip it.
To put it bluntly, I'm ditching.
There's no point in dragging myself through a tedious tournament at this point...
I mean, I'm sure it'd be fun. Fighting against the original characters, watching their matches... As a fan of Ronzorquia, a part of me does want to participate.
But right now, I have other things to do—a mountain of much higher-priority tasks.
If there were some unique 'benefit' I could only get from the Magic Banquet Festival, I'd gladly join the fray, but...
Since there's nothing of the sort this time, I decided to cut it from my schedule.
Weigh the pros and cons, and pick the most optimal choice—my fundamental strategy hasn't changed a single millimeter since I reincarnated seven years ago.
Besides, the results of the Magic Banquet Festival are a foregone conclusion.
The 1st Rank me is ditching, the 2nd Rank is ditching, and the 3rd Rank is out sick.
The de facto highest seed is the 4th Rank, Nia, followed by the 5th Rank, Eliza.
Under these conditions, the champion will be—Eliza.
That's practically set in stone. It won't change.
If I remember correctly, in the main route, Nia and Eliza clash in the semifinals, and Eliza emerges victorious.
In terms of raw power as a mage, Nia is stronger... but unfortunately, the matchup is just awful for her.
Eliza is known as the "Mage Killer," and her specialty is ultra-high-speed close-quarters combat—a mage's greatest weakness.
On the other hand, Nia is a textbook heavy-firepower mage.
She's devastating if she acts as a stationary turret from a distance, but she's utterly helpless in a melee. There's just no way she'd win.
And then the final match is Allen versus Eliza: a battle between two close-combat specialists.
In the main route, the protagonist secures a dramatic victory after a fierce struggle. The event flag triggered here ties directly into the endgame of Chapter 2...
But thanks to my Protagonist Mob-ification Plan, Allen is severely underleveled.
He hasn't awakened to his Hero powers, and his unique magic is still the absolute worst: <Zero Counter>.
In his current state, he doesn't stand a chance against Eliza.
After all, her unique magic, <Silver Flash>, is one of the most powerful abilities even among the Legend Class.
Although, to be fair, Eliza herself is using <Silver Flash> completely wrong...
That unique magic is incredibly broken even if you use it sloppily. It's so tailored for combat that it's stronger than poorly-handled Origin Class magic.
And right here, I had an epiphany.
Wait... isn't Chapter 2 going to be a total breeze?
I mean, the protagonist, Allen, and the heroine, Eliza, won't ever cross paths.
In the original main route, Allen secures a dramatic victory over Eliza in the finals of the Magic Banquet Festival.
Realizing his strength, Eliza turns to Allen for help at the very end, and together they face off against the major boss, Valan—and win.
That's the rough outline of Chapter 2.
But in this timeline, Eliza will beat Allen. And she'll do it effortlessly.
As a result, no bond will form between them.
Eliza will remain completely isolated. She'll keep fighting all by herself until the bitter end—and eventually, she'll meet her ruin.
Hehe, well what do you know... it's a piece of cake!
There's only one thing I need to do on this board.
I have to rush through the main route as fast as humanly possible, completely depriving the protagonist of any time to level up!
I won't even let Allen touch a single sub-event.
I'll speedrun the main story and clear Chapter 2 in one fell swoop.
If I keep this momentum going through Chapters 3, 4, and 5—the protagonist will be completely 'mob-ified'!
Ronzorquia is a swords-and-sorcery RPG; as the main route progresses, the enemies only get stronger.
Allen, having failed to level up, will be nothing more than dead weight, entirely irrelevant to the main plot.
Once that happens, it'll truly be the era of the villainous noble—my era!
Heh, hehehe, hahahahaha...!
I don't care about this 'Narrative Correction' or whatever, but it's a little too late for that.
I already hold it in the palm of my hand.
An overwhelming lead! Absolute superiority!
My focus wavered for just a brief moment before I sharply reigned it back in.
Phew, calm down. 'Lazy’ and 'Arrogant' are absolutely forbidden. The original Hollow brought about his own ruin time and time again because of those exact flaws.
No matter how advantageous a position I build... no, precisely because I have built such an advantageous position—I have to proceed with 'Humility and Sincerity'!
And so, having ditched the Magic Banquet Festival, I headed straight back to the manor without making any detours.
Now then, in the world of Ronzorquia, fifteen is considered the age of adulthood.
Alcohol, gambling, and nightlife are all fair game.
Upon turning fifteen—upon coming of age, I began assisting with the Heisenberg family's underworld affairs.
It's basically preparatory training to become the next head of the family.
Our family trade is assassination, and our targets are heinous criminals whom the law cannot touch.
There are bad guys lurking in every corner of the Ronzorquia world. Well, I suppose reality isn't much different.
At any rate, requests pour into our estate like mountains.
Is this the fifth one? No, the sixth? I really want to pull a 'jackpot' soon.
In order to advance Chapter 2, I need my father to assign me a very specific job.
But this drop is completely random...
The original Ronzorquia featured an ultra-advanced algorithm known as the "Chaos System," which made it impossible to manipulate RNG.
So, the only option is to grind it out through sheer numbers.
The jobs my father has given me so far have been five duds in a row...
But today is different.
I'll probably... no, I'll absolutely pull a jackpot!
I felt an unwavering certainty about it.
Shortly after,
"Lord Hollow, the Lord has requested your presence," Cisti announced.
"Ah, I'll be right there."
Summoned by Cist, I stepped into my father's office—and tightly clenched my fist.
It's here... It's finally heeeree!
Olvin was standing right behind my father. This was what gamers call a "guaranteed pull animation."
This assignment was exactly the one I had been waiting for.
Desperately fighting the urge to smirk, I forced a composed expression as I stood before my father, Daphnes.
"You summoned me, Father?"
"Indeed... Hollow, you have turned fifteen and recently begun assisting with our family's affairs. Our great ancestors must surely be pleased by your growth."
My father's dialogue was completely identical to the event in the original game. God, I love it when this happens.
"This particular assignment is somewhat troublesome. However, as the next head of the Heisenberg family, I expect you to handle a matter of this magnitude."
He paused dramatically, letting the tension build—before finally giving the order.
"—You are to dispose of the 'Dark Noble,' Margrave Valan, in an appropriate manner. The deadline... let us say, within three months from today. Understood?"
"Yes, I understand."
"Lord Valan's dossier has been compiled for you. Use it as you see fit."
Following my father's gaze, Olvin extended an envelope toward me.
"Young Master, please take this."
"Very well."
It seemed Valan's intel was inside.
Since they went to the trouble, I'd gratefully make use of it.
"Consider this assignment a touchstone to test your true capabilities, Hollow. As the head of the Heisenberg family, I have high expectations for your performance—You are dismissed."
"Excuse me."
And just like that, I was tasked with eliminating Valan.
Wow, it's finally here! I finally pulled the jackpot!
Father set a three-month deadline... but I can't afford to take that much time.
I'm going to inherit the Heisenberg family in the future.
The question here is, 'When will I officially take the title of family head?'
To inherit the family as soon as possible, I need to focus on two points:
1 Earning my father's approval
2 Gaining the trust of our retainers.
Point 1, earning my father's approval, goes without saying. That will naturally increase as I assist with the Heisenberg family's operations.
Point 2, gaining the trust of our retainers... well, I'd like to think I've earned it over the past seven years, but you can never truly read people's hearts.
To force everyone to acknowledge me—to shut down any dissent—I need an overwhelming track record.
That's exactly why I have to clear this mission as fast as humanly possible!
I will shatter everyone's expectations with massive results, elevating my reputation as the next head of the family.
Man... hehe, I can't wait!
Once I inherit the family, the absolute power of the Heisenbergs will be mine.
As I told Nia, the authority wielded by the heads of the Four Great Nobel Houses is terrifying.
The sheer breadth of options, the number of cards I can play, and the depth of my strategies—all of it will expand infinitely.
Of course, taking the mantle means I'll be bound by some tedious official duties... but I can just pawn those off on Fiona if I manipulate her right.
If I dangle some horse racing money in front of her like a carrot, she'll probably neigh with joy and speedrun the paperwork for me.
■
Returning to my room, I sank into my chair and reviewed Valan's investigation report that Father had given me.
Hmm, let's see...
Valan Wallenstein, eighty years old.
A high-ranking noble of the Klein Kingdom, possessing vast territories along the border with the Empire.
Once known as the 'Sword Saint of Divine Skill,' he was a man who protected the kingdom with his godlike swordsmanship.
However, when he accompanied the Sky-Eater Subjugation Squad led by Layla Toa Heisenberg, he suffered an incurable curse on his left leg, ultimately forcing his retirement from the front lines.
Since then, he ramped up his charitable activities. Providing food relief to impoverished areas, establishing scholarship foundations, promoting regional healthcare, training the next generation of Holy Knights, founding orphanages—his widespread philanthropy earned him the adoring title of the 'Good-natured old man of the Kingdom.'
Furthermore, due to his personal request to 'casually call me by my first name,' he is most often referred to as Valan rather than his family name, Wallenstein.
...Huh, is this it?
The investigation report ended right there.
For intelligence on the 'Dark Noble' Valan Wallenstein, this was incredibly shallow, merely skimming the surface.
Well, I suppose it can't be helped...
Valan's information manipulation is top-tier, even in Ronzorquia.
Even with the Heisenberg family's intelligence network, catching the old man by the tail must have been difficult.
Valan is the 'Dark Nobel' who controls the kingdom's criminal underworld. The number of people he's brought to tears isn't just ten or twenty thousand—it's far more.
Bribing the upper echelons of the Holy Knights under the guise of donations, funding the Great Demon Cult to assist their research into Demon King factors, and leaking the kingdom's classified information to the Empire for exorbitant sums—he's exhausted every evil deed in the book.
Valan is a parasite infesting the kingdom. Greed, pride, lust—he's a pure evil starving for every conceivable vice.
In terms of human ugliness, he ranks at the very top of Ronzorquia.
While I was digging up my knowledge of the original game, a sudden sense of incongruity washed over me.
...Wait a minute.
Was Father truly unaware of Valan's dark side?
He doesn't kill innocent people. My mother strictly forbade it, telling him, 'You absolutely cannot take those kinds of jobs.' Plus, Olvin's watchful eyes are always sharp.
If Father accepted this job and passed it down to me... doesn't that mean he already has 'concrete evidence' of Valan's crimes?
I decided to dig a little deeper into this theory.
Come to think of it, Father called this assignment 'somewhat troublesome' and referred to it as a 'touchstone' to test my capabilities.
...Heh, I see. So that's how it is. I completely understand his true intentions now.
In other words, this mission is a two-step process: Information Gathering -> Assassination! He's evaluating not just my assassination skills, but my intelligence-gathering capabilities as well!
As proof of that, Father didn't just tell me to 'dispose of him.' He specifically added the condition to dispose of him 'in an appropriate manner.'
Valan is widely known as the Good-natured old man of the Kingdom, boasting overwhelming popularity among the citizens...
If I slaughter him without good reason, our family will face severe backlash from the entire kingdom.
Assassination is the Heisenberg family's specialty. If a major noble is killed, suspicious eyes will inevitably turn toward us.
Of course, we could just play dumb and claim we had nothing to do with it.
But in that case, a manhunt would begin.
Since I wouldn't blunder and leave behind any evidence, the Valan murder investigation would hit a dead end—and the suspicions directed at us would only grow.
After all, a perfect job equals a professional hit, which automatically links back to the Heisenberg family.
Furthermore, Father Daphnes and Valan share a massive feud.
If I recall, it was an event from a soiree ten years ago, wasn't it?
[Lately, I've had rats sniffing around my affairs. I must say, having my spotless record questioned isn't a very pleasant feeling... Duke Heisenberg?]
[Oh? Whatever do you mean... Margrave Valan?]
[It's a shame, really, but no matter how much you dig, you won't find a thing. My cover is flawless, you insolent whelp.]
[One day, I swear I'll drag your villainy out into the light of day. Look forward to it, you sly old coot.]
It went something like that. Father and Valan had clashed fiercely... and their bad blood is infamous within noble society.
If Valan were assassinated right now, our involvement would be the first thing suspected, and the public outcry would be explosive.
Public fury, once it swells to massive proportions... becomes pure violence.
I want to avoid having that spearhead pointed at the Heisenberg family.
If I bring about such a disaster, my father's evaluation of me will plummet, and my path to becoming the head of the family will slip further away.
A country, a territory, and a noble all exist because of the people. A noble who grows arrogant and neglects the people will inevitably perish. History has proven this time and time again.
Of course, I'm not saying we should 'pander to the masses.'
As nobles, we must be strict at times and gentle at others—skillfully balancing a firm hand with a soft touch to properly manage our territory.
What's truly important is 'acting with principle toward the people.'
In other words—secure concrete evidence of Valan's crimes, prepare it so it can be explained to the public, and only then, dispose of him.
That's what Father was really telling me.
Yep, there's no mistaking it. If I do say so myself, my analysis is absolutely flawless.
In that case, the first step is gathering evidence.
According to my knowledge of the original game... a slave trader operated by Valan should be running out of the northern part of the capital.
Striking there first would be the optimal move.
But that area is Valan's territory, isn't it...
As the 'Sword Saint of Divine Skill,' he's amassed numerous military exploits, earning him territory not just along the border, but within the capital as well.
Naturally, I can't just launch an assault without a valid reason.
If I do that, I'll run afoul of their territorial laws, and it will spark a massive political conflict.
On top of that, we'd be the ones throwing the first punch... which leaves a bad taste.
And, of course, massacring the slavers to seize physical evidence is also out of the question.
Since assassination is the Heisenberg family's forte, we'd be the prime suspects immediately, severely restricting my subsequent moves.
What I need right now is—a 'just cause.'
I need a legitimate excuse that justifies the Heisenberg family storming Valan's territory and raiding a slaver.
Hmm...
I relied on my Hollow Brain to churn through the possibilities, and then—
Hehe, I've got a brilliant idea!
A magnificent masterstroke flashed into my mind in an instant.
As expected of Hollow von Heisenberg. When it comes to entrapping, degrading, and ensnaring people—when it comes to cooking up malicious schemes, he truly has no equal.
There's a reason he secured a legendary induction into the Hall of Fame in the official 'Most Scummy Character Rankings.'
In this current state of the board, I can exploit that foolish noble!
At the Redrick Magic Academy entrance ceremony, he was the man among men who recklessly challenged me to a duel and made a spectacular fool of himself. If I close my eyes, I can remember it like it was yesterday...
[W-W-W... While we're in this school, social status doesn't matter! Here, you and I are both just first-years at Redrick! Don't act so high and mighty, you wicked noble brat!]
[Hollow von Heisenberg! A duel! I challenge you to a one-on-one duel!]
[If I beat that bastard here, my name will echo throughout the kingdom! I'll shove my annoying older brothers aside and become the prime candidate for the next head of the Thomas family!]
That was Franz, the third son of the Thomas family and Ronzorquia's premier idiot noble, who roared those exact words before being instantly annihilated. The situation he—or rather, his family—is currently in is incredibly convenient for me. There's no way I'm letting this go to waste.
No time like the present. I directed my consciousness toward the Thomas family manor, pinpointed Franz's feeble magic signature, and sent him a <Call>.
—Franz, do you have a moment?
Th-That voice... Hollow... no, Lord Hollow!?
Hollow... 'Lord'? He sure had mellowed out quite a bit.
Well, considering the Thomas family's predicament, I guess it couldn't be helped.
It has been a while. How have you been?
...Terrible. My father wrung me out dry. 'What were you thinking ruining the entrance ceremony?' 'Why, of all people, did you pick a fight with one of the Four Great Nobel Houses?' 'Just how unfathomably stupid are you?' I've never been yelled at so much in my life...
Yeah, I'd say you absolutely deserved to be yelled at for that.
Picking a fight on the first day of school + with the next head of the Four Great Nobel Houses = an incredibly colossal idiot, after all.
Of course your father snapped. Honestly, he was probably just utterly astounded.
“Everything's been a disaster since then. Because I foolishly defied you, a rumor spread that we had bad blood with the Heisenberg family, and everyone immediately severed ties with the Thomas family. We have a massive surplus of our specialty silk thread, our cash flow has plummeted... This family is already finished.”
How should I put it... this is the The epitome of noble society.
Naturally, I hadn't applied any pressure whatsoever.
If anything, I had completely forgotten Franz even existed until just now.
But the other nobles see things differently.
Noble society demands an agonizing amount of tact. In other words, they read the room to a pathological degree.
The news that I, the next head of the Heisenberg family, had a conflict with Franz, the third son of the Thomas family, raced through high society at terrifying speeds—prompting the other nobles to abandon the Thomas family in unison.
“I see. What a tragic state of affairs.”
“...Yes. Not a day goes by where I don't wish I could go back to that day, to do it all over again.”
“Who knows? The hands of time might just rewind after all.”
“...Huh?”
“Rejoice. I bring you 'good news' today.”
“G-Good news, you say...!?”
His tone was a messy cocktail of anxiety, fear, and hope.
“The current situation of the Thomas family perfectly aligns with my desires. Put your father, Earl Thomas, on the line.”
“Y-Yes, right away! Father! Fatherrrrr!”
“What is it, you foolish son...? Don't barge in without knocking, you idiot. Because you did something so utterly idiotic, our family is already finished—”
“—It's a <Call> from Lord Hollow! The next head of the Heisenberg family, the Hollow von Heisenberg, says he wants to speak with you! And he said it's good news!”
“W-Whaaaaaaaaat...!?”
Through Franz, I could hear the panicked voices on the other end riding the telepathic waves.
“W-Wait a minute... no, don't make him wait! I'm coming right now, just ask him for ten... no, three seconds!”
A frantic, chaotic clatter echoed through the connection.
Uh... I'm really not in that much of a rush, so you can take your time, you know?
It would probably make the conversation go a lot smoother, too.
While I was thinking that, the breathless voice of a man came through the telepathy.
“Haa... haa...! A pleasure to meet you, Lord Hollow! I am the fifth head of the Thomas family, Greig Thomas! How may I be of service to you today?”
“Earl Thomas, there is actually a favor I wish to ask of you.”
“A favor...?”
“Heh, don't be so on guard. This is not a bad deal for your family either. If you listen to my orders—I will immediately erase those rumors of discord between our houses.”
“A-Are you serious!!!?!?”
You're a bit loud there. I get that you're thrilled, but please calm down.
“Yes, I do not lie. If I recall correctly, the specialty of the Thomas territory is... silk thread, was it not?”
I felt like Franz had mentioned something along those lines earlier.
“Yes! Our silk thread may lack brand recognition, but its quality is second to none! Especially at this time of year, we use the finest spring cocoons, resulting in fibers that are incredibly soft, smooth, and wonderful to the touch!”
“I-I see... However, I heard that your sales have been rather poor?”
“...Yes. Ever since 'that rumor' began circulating, the nobles and merchants we did business with abandoned us all at once... Now, they will not even answer our calls.”
“Then our house will purchase it. Consider it a reward for this task—as a 'proof of our friendship.'”
“I couldn't possibly... We will give it to you! As much as you want! Even starting tomorrow!”
Earl Thomas bit into the offer, leaning forward eagerly.
“I appreciate the sentiment, but we will pay for it. After all, wouldn't that be far more convenient for you?”
“Th-Thank you! Thank you so much! You are entirely correct! I have no words to express my gratitude for your boundless consideration, Lord Hollow...!”
Providing silk to the Heisenberg family for free versus receiving an official order from the Heisenberg family—the implications of the two are completely different.
The former would be seen by the public as them simply offering up their specialty goods to grovel to a great noble.
But the latter proves that the Heisenberg family favors the Thomas family's silk and deliberately placed an order with them.
Naturally, people would conclude that there is no bad blood between the two families, completely resolving the Thomas family's isolation.
If anything, the nobles who catch wind of this will trip over themselves rushing to buy their silk.
Just like I saw at the Ainsworth family's succession ceremony, everyone is desperate to build a connection with us.
“However, this deal only stands if you follow my instructions to the letter and deliver results.”
“I will do anything! No, please allow me to do it! I beg of you!”
“Heh, excellent answer. I am quite fond of men who can make quick decisions.”
“Thank you very much!”
I shifted my gaze to my desk and checked my calendar.
“Let us get right to it. I wish to meet face-to-face and discuss the details. Tomorrow... would that be too soon?”
“Not at all! We will accommodate your schedule entirely, Lord Hollow! I will travel anywhere!”
“Then let us meet at my estate tomorrow at noon.”
“Yes, understood!”
“Very well. Farewell.”
Just as I was about to sever the <Call>,
“Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss! Yes, yes! YEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!”
Earl Thomas unleashed a soul-stirring roar of triumph.
I had never heard such an earth-shattering scream in my life.
“Lord Hollow, what an endlessly merciful man... To think he would extend a helping hand to us after the disrespect my idiot son showed him... Ah, I can't just stand around! Franz, gather all the servants and begin preparing the threads immediately! Unravel the freshly harvested spring cocoons and spin the highest quality silk! This is a precious shipment bound for the Heisenberg family—I will not tolerate a single flaw!”
“Understood!”
Umm... the <Call> is still connected, you know?
It would be a bit awkward to interrupt them now, so I pretended I hadn't heard anything and quietly severed the connection.
It was basically a godsend for the Thomas family, so I'm glad they were happy about it.
Hehe, with this, Earl Thomas has fallen right into my hands!
I'll skillfully manipulate him and easily reel in those greed-drowned slavers.
And once I have my just cause—it'll be time for a very, very fun hunt!
---

Comments
Post a Comment