Hero Sensei: My Students Are Fighting Monsters, Aliens, and Mysterious Organizations volume 4 Epilogue

Ren

 

Epilogue


​

By the time we returned to Earth from the Other World, the sun was just beginning to set.

​After retrieving the Teleportation Device and taking the Ouroboros out of my 'Spatial Magic' so it could fly back into orbit, I brought Carmilla and Rirara back to the front of my apartment.

​"Good work out there~. Even I'm exhausted, so I'm going to rest in my own room for today~," Carmilla said, giving a little wave as she slipped into her apartment next door.

​Rirara stretched right there on the spot. "Ahhh, school starts tomorrow. Well then, see you tomorrow, Old-man-sensei~," she said, before taking off into the sky.

​Perhaps because it was their first homecoming in a while, both of their expressions seemed somewhat softer and more at peace. Though, given the situation over there, things were hardly optimistic enough to warrant it.

​After eating dinner, I was lying down, reflecting on the events in the Other World, when I received a notification on my smartphone's messaging app. It was from Niira.

​[Sensei, Misono and Kagari want to hear about the Other World. They say they have time right now.]

​[I don't mind, but your exams start the day after tomorrow, don't they?]

​[They say the story is their top priority.]

​[Right. In that case, whenever is fine.]

​About a minute after I sent that reply, my body was enveloped in the light of teleportation.

​Waiting for me in the passenger cabin of Niira's spaceship, the Fortuna, were the three girls in their casual clothes: Aouji, Soutou, and Niira. Niira wore her usual deadpan expression, but Aouji was shooting daggers at me from beneath her black hair, and Soutou had her cheeks puffed out in a massive pout.

​Before I could even sit down, Soutou marched right up and started unleashing a flurry of weak punches against my chest.

​"Sensei! What's the big idea going to the Other World without telling us?!"

​"Well, I told Niira-san."

​"Why did you only tell Ririo?!"

​"Because Soutou-san and Aouji-san both looked busy. Besides, I couldn't bring anyone with me this time anyway."

​"Even so, you should have told us something that important! What do you think smartphones are for?!"

​Despite her complaints, Soutou's weak punches had somehow transitioned into her rubbing herself affectionately against my chest.

​With an exasperated sigh, Aouji peeled the small-animal-type girl off of me, finally allowing me to take a seat.



​"But Sensei, Kagari is right. I would have liked it if you had at least sent a message," Aouji said.

​"Yeah, that's my bad. I figured since I told Niira-san, she would pass it along to you two. But I guess Niira-san didn't say anything either."

​"I don't think Ririo would share something like that without your explicit permission," Aouji pointed out.

​"Ah, that's true."

​Niira was a Galactic Federation Independent Judge, which meant she was incredibly strict and professional about that sort of thing. I definitely dropped the ball on that one.

​Nodding slightly at Aouji's words, Niira placed a cup of tea on the table in front of me.

​"By the way, Sensei, how was the Other World? Will you be taking us there during summer vacation?" Niira asked.

​"Ah~, well, to get straight to the point, I can take you all during summer vacation. But it seems like they've got a lot going on over there right now."

​"Could you tell us about it?"

​"Sure. Let's start with the 'Illegal Magical Waste' that seems to be the cause behind the Abyss Caves—"

​As I gave them a rundown of what I had seen and heard in the Other World, the three of them reacted in their own ways—nodding quietly, letting out goofy "Ooooh"s, or leaning in and remarking, "How fascinating."

​Aouji was the first to ask a question.

​"From what you've said, the 'Magical Waste' issue doesn't sound like something an individual can handle. How deeply do you intend to involve yourself, Sensei?"

​"It seems the royal family over there wants to do something about the 'Magical Waste' as well. So I'll probably be cooperating with them."

​"It feels a bit strange to hear you're cooperating with people in power like that, Sensei."

​"Hmm, not really. Back in my Hero days, my activities were essentially geared toward aiding the royal family. So from my perspective, it's not all that unusual."

​"I see."

​"Also, I want to try and prevent a war from breaking out between the royal family and that Marquis's house. Having kids your age get dragged into a war doesn't sit right with me."

​"If you step in, Sensei, it sounds like it could be resolved immediately."

​"I don't intend to do everything myself. That wouldn't benefit the people living there, after all. Well, I'll figure out a good balance."

​I paused to take a sip of my tea, and this time Soutou leaned enthusiastically over the table.

​"I want to talk to this Lucaras-san! She's a giant dragon, right?!"

​"I think you'll be able to talk to her when we go. That shouldn't be a problem."

​"But I never imagined you were friends with a dragon, Sensei! Are there others?!"

​"No, Lucaras was the only one. I had three other comrades in my Hero party, and they were the only ones I fought alongside."

​"What happened to your comrades?"

​"My time as a Hero in that world was fifteen hundred years ago. They've all been residents of heaven for a long time now. But according to Lucaras, they all went on to live great lives after I was gone."

​"That must be a relief for you, Sensei."

​"Yeah... it really is."

​Out of everything that happened on this trip to the Other World, the best part was getting to hear about their fates from Lucaras.

​Come to think of it, when we parted ways, Lucaras had been incredibly insistent. "Thou absolutely must come to see me again. Absolutely," she had repeated. To me, Lucaras was an old brother-in-arms, so of course, I wanted to talk with her more too.

​Perhaps noticing the distant look in my eyes, Niira stared intently at me.

​"What about this 'Will of the Demon King' that Lucaras-san mentioned? You have some thoughts on the matter, don't you, Sensei?"

​That was the very thing that concerned me the most as a Hero. However, for now, all I could do was shake my head.

​"I don't really know much about that myself. But if the Demon King resurrects, it'll definitely trip my internal sensors, so I'll just have to rely on that. I did tell Lucaras to look into it, so there should be some progress by the time we go back."

​In truth, I wasn't completely without a clue, but right now it was nothing more than a faint suspicion.

​With that, our conversation reached a natural stopping point, and a relaxed atmosphere filled the cabin. Not that things had been particularly tense to begin with.

​"Alright, that should about cover it, right? You all have exams starting the day after tomorrow. Go home and study. Especially you, Soutou-san."

​"Why do I get an 'especially'~?!"

​"Ask your report card."

​"Shouldn't you say 'Ask your heart,' as a literature teacher?!"

​"Your report card is far more eloquent. Oh, and I'm expecting great things from you two, Aouji-san, Niira-san."

​You shouldn't ignore the high achievers either, so I made sure to properly praise the two who were working hard. Aouji, in particular, was not only naturally gifted at literature but seemed to be putting in an incredible amount of effort. And Niira was at the top of the class despite Japanese not even being her native language.

​"Yes. I have been studying diligently this time as well, so I will do my best. ...Especially since it is your subject, Sensei," Aouji said, her voice dropping into a quiet murmur at the very end.

​"I have already completed reviewing the exam material," Niira stated.

​I didn't quite catch the end of Aouji's sentence, but those two seemed like they'd be perfectly fine.

​Now, what to do about the small-animal-type girl who was currently poking Aouji with a teasing grin, completely lacking any sense of personal crisis?

​Come to think of it, I had prepared some souvenirs from the Other World for the three of them. Maybe I could use them as bait.

​Hehehe... forgive me, Soutou. This is for your own good.

​


​--- Somewhere in Virginia, USA


​Three people were conversing across a heavy mahogany desk.

​One was an elderly man sunk into a luxurious leather chair, wearing a uniform that suggested a high-ranking military official.

​Another was a middle-aged man in a suit standing in front of the desk.

​The third was a young woman with wavy blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. She was dressed in an Army uniform, but the lingering innocence in her profile marked her as still in her teens.

​The elderly man, the master of this room, shifted in his chair and spoke while running his fingers across the terminal on his desk.

​"...I see. So it is certain that Japan has crushed the Crimson Twilight branch. However, regarding that country's anti-CT agency... 'White Fox,' was it? I do not recall hearing that they possessed such combat capabilities."

​The middle-aged man answered the question. His posture remained perfectly rigid even as he spoke.

​"We have checked with 'White Fox,' but it seems there have been no major reinforcements to their personnel or equipment. They still possess only three sets of enhanced frames. Their firearms have not been updated either."

​"What about that agent called 'Daimon'? I was told they were a trump card the likes of which we do not possess."

​"'Daimon,' along with another agent named 'Soutou,' are the aces of 'White Fox.' We have intelligence suggesting they have been enhanced through specialized training. However, that remains unverified information and requires further scrutiny."

​"Hmm. But even assuming these trump cards have been enhanced, do you believe a mere two aces are capable of taking down a Crimson Twilight Branch Manager?"

​"No, sir, I find it highly unlikely. Considering our losses during the recent 'Delta Action,' we estimate it would require the striking power of an entire brigade to defeat a Branch Manager."

​"...An entire brigade just to kill one man. It sounds absurd, but I suppose it is the reality. And yet, 'White Fox' defeated him. We absolutely must acquire the intelligence on how they accomplished this."

​"Yes, sir. We have already requested intel sharing, and they have provided us with some information."

​"You mean the report stating they received assistance from a group called 'Kukami'? 'Kukami' certainly appears to be a trading company with hidden depths, but were you able to verify those depths?"

​"Unfortunately, aside from having some ties to the government, we have yet to find anything particularly anomalous about them as a corporation."

​"Hmph. Are you telling me they have a secret squad of ninjas hidden away?"

​"...Actually, it seems the Kukami family employs a vassal clan called 'Usa' that trains individuals specifically to guard the family head."

​"I meant that as a joke, but are you saying they actually do have ninjas?"

​"We have been unable to gather detailed intelligence on that front. Therefore, we would like to dispatch an investigator."

​"So that is where the young lady here comes in."

​The elderly man in the chair cast a brief glance at the female soldier standing at attention.

​"Yes, sir. Second Lieutenant Lea Harrison. We will second her to 'White Fox.' Since both 'Daimon' and 'Soutou' are young girls, we have assigned a young woman to the task."

​"A reasonable approach. Second Lieutenant Harrison, this mission is of critical importance, bearing on the very survival of the States. I am counting on you."

​"Yeees, sir! Leave it to me, Director! I'll totally uncover Japan's secrets~!"

​The elderly man nearly fell out of his chair at Second Lieutenant Harrison's bizarrely cheerful, pop-idol response, shooting a bewildered look back at the man in the suit.

​"E-Erm. Are we sure she is suited for this?"

​"Yes, sir. The Harrison family has produced outstanding intelligence operatives for generations, and she has undergone rigorous training. Her current reaction is simply the result of practicing roleplay, given that her primary targets for contact will be teenage girls."

​"I see. In that case, fine. Second Lieutenant Harrison, I pray for your success."

​"Roger thaaat! Look forward to the results~!" the female soldier chirped, smiling brightly and offering a playful wink.

​The man referred to as Director turned his gaze back to the man in the suit.

​"...Are you absolutely sure that is just roleplay...?"

​


​--- Somewhere on the West Coast, USA

​

Two individuals faced each other inside an elegant room decorated in wine red.

​One was a tall woman with her purple hair tied up at the back of her head. She was sunk into a sofa that was also a deep wine red.

​The other was a tall man wearing a black coat. Instead of sitting on the sofa, he stood leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

​A powerful, invisible "force" swirled between them—one that an ordinary person wouldn't be able to see, yet would undeniably feel crushing the air.

​Breaking the tension of that force, the woman, Scua, parted her perfectly shaped, blood-red lips.

​"I never expected you to come to this world, Barlo."

​"...I did not expect to be here either..."

​"Which means you have a good reason. Is that it?"

​"...Indeed. I came here to deliver a warning."

​"A warning? How unsettling. Well? What is it?"

​"...I heard you are extending your reach to the country of 'Japan.' The country where Kzello established his branch. Is this true?"

​"Yes. It seems there are people in that country who know how to expertly handle 'Drops.' And we have to recover the results of Kzello's research, don't we?"

​"...I agree on that front. But tread carefully. 'He' is in Japan..."

​"'He'? Are you talking about the 'White Fox' agents who defeated Kzello?"

​"...No. 'He' is the one who defeated Kzello. He appeared before me just the other day. He is a terrifying master. It was only for an instant, but he completely toyed with me..."

​"I find it hard to believe someone managed to toy with you, but... what you're saying is that an entity capable of rivaling us exists in Japan."

​"...Exactly. The 'Red Fang' were summoned by Kzello to kill him... and they returned in defeat..."

​"Come to think of it, I did see Ransasu looking completely pale the last time I returned to headquarters."

​"...Even with all four of them attacking at once, they were completely helpless against him..."

​"Hmm, so that's what happened with the 'Red Fang.' I see. You came to warn me that a monster capable of repelling them and defeating Kzello exists."

​"...I cannot leave the Marquis's side for long right now. If possible, I would like to hunt him down myself, but my hands are tied."

​"Fufufu, you really are the meddlesome type for an executive of the 'Demon Folk.' Well, fine. I will accept your warning. However, I suppose I should verify this man for myself. I am a little curious about what exactly happened to Kzello, so perhaps I'll send a shadow on a reconnaissance-in-force mission."

​"...I do not recommend clashing with him blindly. And if you do uncover his whereabouts... inform me before you make a move..."

​"Oh? Do you want to fight him that badly?"

​"...I cannot resist crossing blades with a warrior of that caliber. Besides... 'Diabla' is screaming for his blood..."

​"Honestly, you're hopeless. Well, if you're offering to fight him in my place, I couldn't ask for a better deal. If I find him, I'll let you know."

​"...I am counting on you..."



Toc

Previous Chapter None
Next Chapter None

Comments

Post a Comment